Thursday, April 10, 2014

The demilitarized zone

So this week I finished reading Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. It was a really good book, possibly one of the best books that I have ever read. Of course, I have felt that way about almost every book that I've read this year. Maybe I'm just reading more closely, appreciating these books at a more intimate level, because I've experienced a more complete and nuanced sampling of the life-grinding-thought-crushing type of emotional trauma which seems to be a necessary precursor to all great fiction. I don't know for sure. I also read Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Also a good book.

If everything works out, I'll be graduating with my Master Degree and teaching certificate in just a few more short weeks.  Cue generic comments on the passing of time, etc. etc.


Here's a photograph of some peach cobbler that I made recently:


No comments:

Post a Comment