Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The way things are

My life was very different two years ago. My life was also very different one year ago. I'm happier now than I have been in a long time. Every once in a while, I feel pangs of sadness that are so sharp that they leave me breathless. Every once in a while, I wish I was who I used to be when I could be anything I wanted to be. Growing up is tough, but looking back is even harder.

I remember late-setting New England suns and fresh lobster and making dinner reservations for the first time. I remember losing my car keys for the first time. I also remember the first night I spent with a girl and how it seemed like I might never wake up because who could ask for more, etc.

I remember when I used to go an entire day without saying a single word. I remember feeling powerful.

Here's a photograph I took of Lake Champlain (frozen over), from the shore of Burlington, VT.

No comments:

Post a Comment