Saturday, March 14, 2015

Snow Melt

Well spring is finally around the corner, and boy am I relieved. This winter, which started off so mild and pleasant, really took a turn for the worst in late January. I may be suffering from seasonal affective disorder. I may be suffering from malnutrition. My classroom vegetables have plateued in their growth, probably as a limitation of their containers. I transferred three of the tomato plants into much larger containers on Friday. Only time will tell if this plan is successful. Tiny tomatoes are beginning to appear, which is good, but the pepper plants are still far too small. I was hoping to eat tomatoes and peppers together. I was not prepared emotionally for a world in which I would be eating them separately. I also think I let my arugula grow too long. It tastes rather bitter, and besides, I only have enough for like one solid salad. Or two smaller salads. I've realized that in order to make your own salads from scratch, you need to grow A LOT of greens. And maybe stagger the planting to avoid half the plants going bad while you harvest the other half? Oh well, notes for the future.

Also, for the future: My next motorcycle trip is tentatively planned for the second week of April. I am debating ordering new plastic fairings for my bike. I am thinking of selling it, in which case new fairings should probably be bought after the trip and note before in order to keep them looking good.

Here's what I read this week:


Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. I liked this book because the dialogue was very convincing; something that I feel I need to continue to work on in my own writing. Hercule Poirot became increasingly insufferable as the story wore on. I am tempted to read another of her books to see if this patterns holds up across the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment