Monday, June 2, 2014

This American Life

I traveled to Boston for a music festival and had a great time. The bands were talented and the fans were passionate. The location of the festival was perfect because I was able to easily walk to some of the historic areas of Boston. My urge to explore has only grown stronger as I have grown older. Extrapolating this trend, I predict that my life will culminate in the role of a geriatic interstellar traveler.

The weather was beautiful during the festival and has been beautiful ever since. I am growing some kale and peppers in small pots in my backyard. The kale has sprouted; tiny green leaves with thin red spines in bunches of three and four. I will wait until they get bigger to transplant them to their final containers.

My reading has slowed during the last week because I borrowed a book from the library which I didn't really like. I have not found the motivation to return to the library and exchange it for something better. I did read a wonderful book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez two weeks ago, but I will wait to describe it here until I have read at least a handful of other books, lest I appear too single-minded in my focus.

Here's a photograph I recently took at Mystic Seaport in Mystic, CT, USA:


No comments:

Post a Comment