Monday, July 8, 2013

I can't take my eyes off of you

One of the things that I miss, well perhaps miss is the wrong word (yes, it definitely is), more like intrigued at the appearance or in this case disappearance of, is music. I use to listen to so much music. Maybe its a generational thing. Or perhaps its just growing up. I've moved through too many computers, and my Windows Music Player library became a smaller iTunes library became a smaller playlist on my mp3 player became a smaller playlist on my smartphone became listening to Pandora became listening to the occasional music video on YouTube.

I'm not too sure what happened. I've moved music from something I "own" to something I "use". At the same time, I've increased the amount of music that I play and create myself. All of this together doesn't sound like a bad thing at all, but I still feel like there is something missing and when I listen to my old songs I am hit by a wave of nostalgia.

In other news, I have decided to take some time this summer to learn more about photography. I was inspired to pick up a cheap film SLR camera from Amazon and experiment with taking pictures using manual controls. My first three rolls of film turned out pretty well. Which sounds self-serving. Suffice it to say that I was impressed with the results I was able to achieve with relatively modest equipment. And by modest, I mean a $20 camera with some cheap Fuji film. Getting someone to develop it was the hard part, but Walgreens has proved to be a time machine of sorts. I'm also looking into buying the chemicals and equipment to develop film on my own which save a lot of money (90%) as well as provide an intriguing level of control and creativity over the whole process. Plus, its fun to learn something new. Here's some of the photos I took over the last week:








No comments:

Post a Comment